Tuesday 25 May 2010

Stockings.

Stockings excite me. There's nothing more sexy and classy than stockings. Plus, they are less restricting than tights and perfect if you're going for the all out vintage look.


Kiss me deadly...

In my opinion, modern stockings are rubbish and ladder far too easily. If you're going to buy a pair of stockings, either opt for vintage or shop somewhere like http://www.whatkatiedid.com/ or http://www.kissmedeadly.com.uk/ (Personal Favourite) They have stockings down to a 't.'

1949 Nylon ad.

The most common type of stocking heels in the 1940's and 50's was the Cuban heel which is a sqaure shape. The other, popular type of heel was the 'point', invented by Christian Dior. (n.b. will be making a blog about Dior's post war New Look collection a.s.a.p)

Christian Dior.

I am the proud owner of a 1940's vintage seamed stockings (Cuban heel), bought in 69A, one of my favourite shops since the age of 16. Unfortunatley, one of them has wandered off somewhere, but all is not lost. I bought them September 2008 and they are one of my favourite things to wear. They were only £5, so I am buying another pair. I also crave a bullet bra. I've been dying for one of these ever since I saw "The House on Haunted Hill" (starring my one true love, Vincent Price) as one of the leading ladies was sporting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment