Monday 26 October 2009

1947 Kodak.

On Sunday, I visited Carew Market in Tenby and purchased an antique camera for 50p; a bargain Dickinson would have been jealous of. The man who sold it to me had a big white beard and looked somewhat lof an eccentric. He told me i'd just bought ''a peice of history'' and it turns out I have. It's not as old as i'd have liked, but it's a 1947 model non-the-less and I plan on putting it to good use.

It has a vertically striped front; metal wind knob and release button and holds a 620 film. It's influenced me to begin collecting antique camera's. I plan on buying a Victorian one next or a 1987 Kodak model. And thus, the obsession begins. I also bought a vintage bag and an antque lighter which needs a new flint and more fuel. The lighter was 50p and the bag was £1.50. Bargain, bargain, bargain.

I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance. The camera came with a little brown satchel too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment