Sunday 4 October 2009

Vincent.


I have lost the will to live with all of the work I have done today, so I decided to find some refuge in ''House On Haunted Hill'' starring Vincent Price. Now, is it just me, or are horror films these days nonsense? They're not true horror, they shock and sicken the viewer instead of frightening them. I know that ''House On Haunted Hill'' is not bone chilling to the modern day audience as it was in but I can't help but feel that they should make horror the way they used to. House On Haunted Hill houses the tagline ''The 13 greatest shocks of all time!'' and I must admit, some of it is still a tad scary now! Especially the bit where Nora belives the old blind house keeper is a ghost. It is a dreadful shame that Vincent can't play the lead anymore though. I personally think he is a wonderful actor and he has the most perfect voice! Perfect for that creepy, sinister role. House on Haunted Hill is one of my favourite movies, and Vincent Price is my favourite male actor. If someone was to buy me the Vincent Price Boxset for Christmas, I think I should cry with joy!

His moustache, might I add, only adds to his sinister appeal!


No comments:

Post a Comment