Wednesday 9 June 2010

Summer calls for inspiration.

Summer is upon us...albeit in short bursts. I need a wardrobe update, all of my clothes Winter wear and very 1940's-esque. Summer calls for a more 1920's, 1950's and 60's look in my opinion. Although, a 1920's look needs a more boyish figure. Which is why I favour the 50's...plently of room to accentuate my hourglass figure. Especially Christian Dior's 'New Look' movement.



At the moment, for some reason un-beknown to me, I'm craving a pair of leopard-print leggings... Perhaps it's the obsession with Pin-up and Rockabilly doing this to me? Who knows. I've also found a site which sells the most perfect Swing and Wiggle dresses at really good prices. Perfect for Summer.

I draw some of my summer inspiration from women like Brigette Bardot (an obvious choice...considering Bob Dylan even sang of her) I've alwasy adored the 60's, probably more than any other era. I like the idea of being free and easy.


Also, Vivien Leigh, one of my favourtie actresses and possibly the most beautiful woman of all time. She starred in 'Gone with the Wind'', ''Cleopatra'' and Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar named desire." You can start to see how all of these women are somehow rooted in some obession I possess. I love how she looks in black...and yes, I know it's Summer, but I can never say no to a black dress.

Finally, well, for this post at least...I really, REALLY want a 1950's, pin-up-esque swinsuit. There are some beautiful examples on here; http://www.unique-vintage.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment