Monday 7 June 2010

The Wiggle Dress NEEDS curves.

Something for every curvacious lady, the Wiggle Dress accentuates the finer things about us girls; boobs, hips and bottom. This is not a dress that an ''I'm so skinny because I haven't eaten in like, EVER and as a result have the figure of a small boy" type of girl can pull off. You need an hourglass figure. You need boobs. You need hips. You need a beautiful bum.


I own a wiggle dress with a modern twist (it has long sleeves) and am the proud owner of all three of the criteria for the Wiggle. Now, you see, some girls have called me 'fat' in the past for being a size 12. I have been likened to the 'vicar of dibley', 'Beth Ditto' and even that 'Belinda' or whoever off Big Brother. Comments like that used to really crush me, (yes, I'll admit, I even cried) but now I'm more confident and don't go on extreme diets. I actually eat. These girls have all been in need of a decent meal and have all, funnily enough, gotten really upset when I've said something about them which hasn't been nice. What's beyond me even more is how these girls can idolise people like Marylin Monroe and call a girl who's dress size is less than Monroe's fat? (Marylin Monroe was a size 16, equivalent to a size 14 today) I'm sorry, but a size 12 is healthy and I like having curves.


ALSO, I am extremeley happy at the fact that due to a lot of the Autumn/Winter 2010 fashions being based on Christian Dior's post War 'New Look' movement, there has been a call on the catwalks for models with an hourglass figure. Bye-bye skinny.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, really inspiring! I like :) I'm in complete agreement with you, I've found it completly ludicrous how so many men appear to think that skinny is gorgeous, and how many women strive to be that shape...to my eyes, it does nothing for me, and I'm glad you've openly rejected the assumed wisdom on this subject - it takes a lot for someone to resist the sneering and bitterness of those who are happy to follow the status quo and say 'd'yknow what, I don't fancy living like you all do', so big respect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so very much! I'm so sorry I have only just seen this, I've been neglecting my blog of late.
    I think it's so awful how girls are just targets for a wave of media influence. The saddest thing I've ever heard was a ten year old in my street saying "I wish I was as skinny as Cheryl Cole." It's getting younger and younger, and I think girls need a proper role model! :) Thanks again Adam :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! That's disgraceful...I know what you mean though. You see the influence everywhere - I cannot begin to tell you how many people I've known, how many gorgeous attractive people I've known, that have said they are too fat and are starving themselves. It is absolutely unbelievable! I've bloggeda couple of times on the subject, hang on asec, lemme dig up my posts...:)

    http://beyond-electric-dreams.blogspot.com/2010/04/plastic-fantastic-i-dont-think-so.html

    http://beyond-electric-dreams.blogspot.com/2010/05/true-beauty.html

    The second one was directly inspired by a post from Emily, I believe you know her? She's a great friend of mine and her blog is fantastic reading :)

    I believe that the media and people themselves are both culpable - the media are disgusting in their pursuit of young girls, and people need to understand too that they can reject the teachings of the media, and say "hey, I dont agree with your stereotype, that is not beautiful to me, so I'm not gonna conform to that" :) xx

    ReplyDelete