Wednesday 7 July 2010

Fashion Faves; Autumn/Winter 2010

I am utterly besotted with Marni and Dries Van Noten at the moment. I love this classic shape of the Van Noten dress and I adore the 'grown up handbags' and high heels of Marni.


I love the way that the colours are used in the Marni R-T-W A/W 2010 collection; blue and brown always looks good. I adore brown, especially in winter. I find myself able to take on a more sophisticated and grown up sense of style during A/W, something which I much prefer and something which suits me more than Summer clothing. I aldo adore the use of over the knee socks in what always reminds me of a 'war time' sort of colour...

Marni also have handbags down to a 't' for A/W 2010. The handbags are elegant and again 'grown up' and are seen in shades of brown red and blue. Very much to my taste. Unfortunatley, I couldn't find a picture of the one I am totally in love with, but you can find it on page 35 of Vogues A/W 2010 catwalk report magazine that comes with Vogue. (It's the brown one in the middle of the page)


Now onto dresses...
The only words to describe Dans Van Noten's collection for A/W 2010 (R-T-W) are; 'Sheer Class.'



Emphasis lies on a small waist, voluptuous breasts and big flared circle skirts. This to me, is LOVE. A lot of emphasis was placed for this A/W on recreating some of Christian Dior's designs from 1947 onward to 'celebrate womanliness' in a 'nostalgic way'. Perfect is what i'd call it. No longer are women going to be restricted to 'skinny' but we shall be allowed to embrace and show off our curves in a modest and beautiful way.




all pictures sourced from the Vogue website.

No comments:

Post a Comment