Wednesday 7 April 2010

Lovely Day :)

Today, I had a lovely, lovely day. I managed to get last minute tickets to see Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie for £5 each! Myself and Andrew sat at the bar waiting for the play to begin and I spent my time taking pictures of flowers and drinking Southern Comfort with Lime, my second favourite drink. He was obviously intolerable and fidgeted like a child and I was obviously told off for drinking too much to be able to cope with his intolerableness. (Becoming increasingly aware that 1. I am far too much of a drunk for him. 2. we have nothing in common. 3. He is intolerable.)


The Glass Menagerie was brillaint. A chap next to me studying Tennessee Williams in English kept pointing out key similarities between the play and one of his others, ''A Street Car Named Desire.'' I have only seen it once and yet the similarities between Blance in Streetcar and the Mother, Amanda, in this play were striking. I really enjoyed it and would definiatley see it again. I think I shall buy last minute tickets for the theatre more often as i'd much rather go and see a play than go to the pictures.




I'll post pictures of my day in my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment